Saturday, April 19, 2014

Let's Get Down to Business

Okay gang, I'm back with new healthy goals for the summer.  My first year of graduate school ends in 1.5 weeks, and it's time for me to get back to the body I love.  It's not that I am totally back to my old habits (though the four pieces of pizza and slice of cake yesterday would beg to differ), but I'm not working at my best.  I am much happier with a veggie-based diet and regular exercise.

Since the fall, my weight has fluctuated a bit.  I started grad school around 138 lbs.  By the end of first semester, I was around 143.  Nothing huge, but noticeable.  I took winter break to get down to 135 (for like a minute before I started creeping up again).  I've spent this semester below 140,
but I want more.

And because I do my best work with weight loss goals, I've decided that this summer is about habit building and losing 10 lbs.  I want to run again, I want to work out and eat fresh food.  With no homework again until August, my body will once again become a priority.  Today I ran for the first time in months.  I couldn't even do half a mile!  But I will not give up.  I will rebuild on my old habits, and hopefully by building those now, I will be much better able to maintain them next school year!

Thanks for all of your support as I work on this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment